Article 27 of the GDPR requires, under specific circumstances, non-EU organisations to designate an EU representative in case where the processing activities of such organisation are related to the offering of goods or services to persons within the EU or the monitoring of the behaviour of persons within the EU as far as their behaviour takes place within the EU.
Privacy Minders may be appointed as your EU representative and specifically:
- Represent you in all EU countries
- Act as your direct contact in the EU to the supervisory authorities and individuals
- Offer you an EU postal address as well as a dedicated email address for requests from individuals
- Be your authorised agent to receive legal documents
- Retain a record of your processing activities (which shall be available to the supervisory authority)
If you are not certain whether your organisation is required to appoint an EU representative, contact us for more information and a free assessment.