23 Jun 2020
The 5th Data Privacy & Protection Online Conference
, titled “Regulations, Transparency, Protection, Growth”, took place on June 17 and 18, 2020 and it was a digital-first experience with original and interesting presentations, approaches and discussions on privacy and data protection issues. The Conference’s primary goal was to bring a holistic approach to all aspects of data protection and privacy which are very crucial especially nowadays, since new data privacy issues have risen in the context of Covid-19 pandemic and businesses need to adapt and respond to the new privacy demands.
International data protection experts and practitioners explored new approaches, methodologies and innovative solutions that ensure data protection and allow data utilization for business viability and growth. They also discussed the new challenges amid the global pandemic and proposed solutions to all emerging issues.
Ms Maria Raphael, Board Member of the European Association of Data Protection Professionals (EADPP), Chair of the EADPP Cyprus Branch and Director of the Company “Privacy Minders”, has successfully participated in the Conference by presenting the topic “Data Breach Incident Plan: Legal Counsel‘s Role”. The EADPP, along with DPO Academy, Homo Digitalis, και (ISC)2 Hellenic Chapter, gladly offered its honorable contribution to the conference.
During the Conference, the following critical issues on Data Privacy & Protection were presented:
- COVID-19 and Digital Rights in Greece
- Data Protection in times of COVID-19: the death of privacy or a new challenge?
- Cybercrime and Consequences for Enterprises and Citizens in Greece during the COVID-19 Era
- Data Privacy in the time of pandemic – A global perspective
- Privacy & Data Protection in the Era of Pandemic Covid-19
- Data Breach Incident Response Plan: Legal Counsel’s Role
- GDPR – The challenges of COVID-19 in the hospitality sector
- Situational Awareness of Maritime Cyberattacks& Data Protection
- Big Data in Banking: Opportunities, Issues and Privacy
- Cyber Insurance & COVID-19
For further information please visit the conference’s official website at https://www.dataprivacy.gr/